YEAH. I WANT TO FEEL SAFE!
Will you take care of me, Good Parent?
PREVIOUS: HEALTHY Rules (Part 1)
❀ Part 2 & 3 list statement that have been accumulated from years of recovery experience. They are geared to the Healthy Adult / Loving Parent parts of our higher self – so we can know how to take care of our wounded and healthy Inner Child, in the best possible ways.
❀ YES – we have a broken heart! What’s more painful to a child than not feeling loved by their parents? BUT NOW – to be happy, we need to:
• accept who our family really was & is
• believe in every fiber that we did not cause our abuse & neglect
• accept that we are individually responsible for our lives
• know that we have the ability to outgrow the damage
• apply mental health truths to our lives
❀ We all live by rules whether we like to admit it or not.
– Some ACoAs were so neglected they think they weren’t taught any rules. No, not good the ones, but we did pick up all the Toxic Rules!
– Others of us were so constricted by rules & regulations, we nearly choked to death on them.
In both cases we tend to shy away from or have raging hatred for – rules. And yet we are run by the bad ones, as long as they stay hidden from us and we don’t challenge them.
❀ So here are a few Healthy Rules we can try out, & apply to our every day living. Think about each one, carefully. Pick one & try it out for a month. See what happens. Then try another….