SITE: ‘Styles of Worship‘ preferences by MBTI dichotomy categories
ENFP – The INSPIRER / Motivator / Cause promoter
Most OPTIMISTIC – “Happy procrastinator”
• 9.7% females 6.4% males
GOAL: To create. ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic, bright & full of potential. They’re imaginative, consider life as full of possibilities, excited by new ideas.
Their energy is stimulated by new people & experiences. The life of the party, they have great people skills – wanting harmony with others, & have a need to live by their inner values.
They’re open-minded & flexible, with a broad range of interests, & do well at whatever interests them. They quickly see connections between information & events, able to move forward with confidence based on what they see. Going quickly from one project to another, they’re willing to consider almost any possibility, often developing multiple solutions to a problem. They’re better at starting than finishing, bored with details.
• Hidden Side
They may be Es, but not typically outgoing because their Fi (Introverted Feeling – in their stack) prevents them from wanting to over-extend themselves emotionally. Their extroversion shows up more in exploring various interests, & by gathering external info, & interpret it by figuring out how different pieces connect. While they almost always have an unconventional senses of humor, they’re not necessarily ‘goofballs’ – because they take their moral causes, values & social relationships very seriously. This intensity can be seen any time these topics are brought to the ENFP’s attention. (much MORE re. stacks in future posts)
• Life’s Purpose: Inspire those who have given up
• Their Law: You shall always follow your heart
• They Comfort others by saying: Everything’s going to be alright, girl/man!
• They Say: Oops – I didn’t realize there were rules :). Laughter is the best medicine. Chill! I have a wide range of feelings & many are intense.
• Communication: Will start the conversation & likely direct it. They know what they want to talk about – probably something fun. They should stop talking about how offended they are.
• Weaknesses: Easily stressed, highly emotional, not practical, overly independent, over-think things, too talkative, trouble focusing
• Manipulate: They use their ‘gift of gab’ negatively, justify ‘handling’ others emotionally as just being charming, but it’s ok ? because they’re being authentic
• Paradoxes: Incredibly open-minded & totally stubborn. Lively & lonely.
• Judge people: by their values • Fear: Being ignored
• Are Judged for: thinking everyone hates them
Become STRESSED from situations shown in the illustration
ENFPs in distress will feel overloaded & overwhelmed by too much to do – heart rate going over 9000! They believe they’re trying to help others by making their lives better, but feel their efforts are unappreciated, & that there are always more expectations or demands on themselves. Then they become overly-emotional, too worried, withdrawn & have tunnel-vision. In such cases, ENFPs are likely to start shirking all responsibilities, forgetting appointments, being late for the deadlines…..
They see other people’s discontent with their unpredictability as a lack of consideration & respect for the ENFP’s rights & priorities. They want to be free to respond to possibilities as they occur, & to change their minds whenever they want. Requests or previous commitments that don’t support their present agenda are felt as unreasonable & limiting, so will be ignored.
• Hate: Being inauthentic & anyone questioning it. Feeling bored, betrayed. Being made to do something simple for hours by a tough authority figure. Their ideas being stolen. Subjective logic & unchallenged beliefs. Asking for Help, because they’d rather do it their own way
• Don’t argue with ENFPs when they’re holding: Their temper
• Never rein them in. • Never tell them: You’re boring & unoriginal
Advice: There’s a line between being charming & emotionally manipulative.
They’re lighting in a bottle, full of inspiration, humor & unfettered ideas – but risk burning out from over-committing or following every possibility.
They can have trouble determining priorities, not good at follow-through on decisions or projects. So each time they have a great idea, it would help to immediately break out a pros & cons list, & be as realistic as possible. No matter how strongly they feel about it, it’s best to weigh the consequences of their actions honestly & logically, because others are counting on them.
ENFPs need to find what will really fulfill them – long term – instead of what’s attractive at the moment. By working to achieve their true ideals & values, they can build a consistent lifestyle that fits who they are, not just as a temporary escape from feeling trapped by life. (LARGE CHART)
• Thrive in any that are: passionate & growth oriented (More…)
• As a Friend, you’re the gorgeous one who makes sure everyone is having a good time
• Annoyed when: someone thinks you hate them
• Still single because: you’re too ‘flaky’ to be taken seriously
• Unhealthy behavior: Communicate only with emojis to avoid intimacy
• You’re attractive/sexy because: radiate charm & positivity. Your youthful need for adventure & possibilities are contagious, making you magnetic & sensational
<—- Why these 2 types are compatible
• You should DATE someone who: will beat you at your own game & keep your interested. Someone you can depend on, but doesn’t give in when you’re in a mood to be demanding. Someone who can bring excitement, but show you that relaxing can also be fun.
• To attract you someone needs to: flirt with you once & then act completely uninterested. You love a challenge!
• Some Famous ENFPs: Carol Burnett, Dom Deloiuse, Buster Keaton, Regis Philbin, Hayden, Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss, Robin Williams