👠 👠 👠
(11.6% world-wide) (16.4% ♂︎ // 6.9% ♀︎) The Rule lover // Enforcer
NATURAL – ‘Doing what should be done’
GOAL : to Prepare.
ISTJs are quiet & serious, interested in security & peaceful living, usually supporting or promoting establishments, because they value traditions & loyalty.
Their successes come from thoroughness & dependability, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving anything that takes their interest, because they have the unusual combination of imagination & organization.
They can be hard on themselves & others on work projects, & anyone caught slacking will lose their respect. Although extremely dependable perfectionists but don’t get trapped in it because of the pragmatic rule: “Does it work?”
ISTJs take pleasure in making everything orderly & organized – in all parts of life. Practical, matter-of-fact & realistic, they’re known for having well-developed powers of concentration, who work steadily towards goals regardless of distractions. They decide logically what should be done & work toward it steadily. (More….)
• They’re : conscientious, conventional, compulsive, command, logical, need order, organized, realistic, reserved, practical, private, follow the rules & regulations, supportive, systematic, thorough, traditional, trustworthy
• Hidden side: They can be quite vulnerable, getting depressed & anxious when faced with a difficult decision – because of their strong sense of accountability.
At the same time, they’re sillier, softer & stranger than most profiles dare to mention, and more so than ISTJs themselves realize. Some become so firmly set in their habits they may not notice how idiosyncratic they are. They can also have a knack for puns & poignant descriptions, though most people would never peg ISTJs as ‘poetic’.
• Life’s Purpose : To do what must be done.
• Their Law : You shall never be lazy.
• They Comfort others by saying: What the f– are feelings?
• They Say : I’ve completed everything according to the rules. When I give my word, give my honor. WHAT are you doing?
• Catchphrase : Do right & fear no man
• Communication : Advice – Stop talking about the weather. They may be caught up with whatever they’re doing, but they’re available for a conversation when not busy. It’ll be fun.
• Weaknesses : Tend to blame others, unusually impulsive, decreased efficiency, perfectionist
• Manipulate : They have step by step instructions on how to judge & criticize you
• Paradoxes : Dependable AND rigid. Need to obey authority AND need personal attention. Modest BUT proud, least weird of the types – making them a little weird
• Value: dedication • Fear : Not being able to fulfill responsibilities
• Judge people by: their competence
• Are Judged for : not being dependable
Under stress (Pure melancholy) ISTJs tend to see others as overly subjective & weak, which makes them think it’s time to take control & set things right. They can become domineering & uncompromising, assume their logic is the only valid standard, & try to impose it.
While they crave personal contact & affection, they won’t give in to their emotional side. They blame others for being corrupt, biased & disrespectful so that a self-righteous anger takes over.
Stress triggers can be things that challenge their natural preference for structure & logic. In the they can be accusatory & pessimistic, tending to withdraw & shut down. As the pressure becomes intolerable, psychological valves open to release frustration in inappropriate ways: bursts of anger, impulsive behaviors, excessive drinking or eating……
• Hate : being nagged, being useless, under-performing, failing a test, letting others down, lack of honor, being misjudged, asking for help because it make them feel they’re burdening others, lack of leadership, someone behaving like Zooey Deschanel,
• Don’t argue with ISTJ when they’re having : faith in you
• Never : mislead them
• Never tell them : “You didn’t even try”
Advice: You can’t fit individual differences into a (your) mold
ISTJs can become set in their ways, seen as rigid & impersonal. Too easily judgemental, they need to pay close attention to what they are making judgments about, & their motivations. Because they rend to do so without enough information, it’s best to start by understanding what they’re criticizing, & then form an opinion.
They’ll benefit from verbalizing their own views more often, but without too much detail, as well as being more aware of how people will feel in response.
Their greatest challenge has to do with being willing to change – finding the right balance between preserving what works while being open to experimental new ideas, where some will fail but others will reveal better ways of doing things. (More….)
YOU: are generally seen as someone who values traditions, is consistent & orderly. You develop strong loyalty in others & work hard to keep commitments. Your relationship superpower is Commitment.
• Thrive in any that are: respectful and traditional
• As a friend, you’re the super organized one who always shows up early, was the ‘smart one’ who answered all the Qs in class, & others can trust you with their life
• Annoyed with: anyone who can’t be count on for anything
• Still single because : you’re uptight
• Unhealthy behavior : taking the ‘shared-bathroom-schedule’ too seriously
• Show interest by : ultra-intense eye contact
• Show love by : handling problems or practical matters for you, offering advice
• You want to hear : I depend on you
• You’re attractive/sexy because : you have a natural rhythm & & structure, a strong will & intensity to follow your inner drummer, which many find desirable
• You should date : someone who can pull you out of your shell & force you to accept life’s messy bits, can teach you that taking risks & breaking rules can sometimes be fun
• To attract you : be bubbly / charming enough to warm your heart, but flaky enough to imply they need your help (Your turn-on)
• Some famous ISTJs: Natalie Portman, Robert De Niro, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, George Washington, Queen Elizabeth II, George W. Bush